Network Engineer / Sys Admin
My Client, a global unified communications company are looking for a Network Engineer to join their established team.
If successful, your main task will be looking after the core networks within the business performing BAU and project-based work. My client is also very interested in candidates who have a good understanding of Linux based system administration.
The Technology Operations team is a multi-skilled team comprising of voice, video, desktop support and systems administrators. We are responsible for building and maintaining all of the infrastructure that our voice and data services run on, as well as supporting services within the office and the development teams. Uptime and availability of the websites and voice platforms are key objectives for the team, as well as exploring ways of improving our existing systems and processes.
We operate from two main sites in London and have a number of small POPs within Europe. This role will be a split between having overall responsibility for the entire network and also systems engineering (linux, virtualisation, database, storage etc).
My client is also very open to flexible working.
- Identify and carry out any changes required to the network
- Manage existing and ordering of new interconnects from third party providers
- Mixture of BAU and project-based work to refresh legacy systems
- Work closely with the rest of the team to build, deploy and maintain infrastructure for web and voice related projects
- Ideally Cisco certified to CCNP level or above
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches
- Cisco ASR1k Routers
- Debian or other linux
- Virtualisation - KVM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience managing day to day work load, knowing when to prioritise and the ability to work self-sufficiently
- Good organisation and documentation skills
- Desire to learn new skills and apply them in the role
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude towards sharing expertise and assisting others to learn
- Mysql/mariadb including galera clustering and replication
- Apache, nginx, haproxy
- Containerisation - Docker / Rancher
- Python scripting
- Ancillary services - LDAP, DNS, Mail (postfix or other)
- Storage - ZFS, GlusterFS, SAN
- Windows Server experience - especially Active Directory
If you are interested in the above, please apply now.