Montash have been engaged by a Leading UK Consultancy to source an Office 365 Exchange Administrator for an initial 3 month contract based in London.
The administrator will be accountable for reviewing all settings and making any recommendations for changes, along with supporting evidence. Written documentation will also be required (both technical and in Plain English) for sharing with senior stakeholders.
This role will be the central point of expertise for Exchange and Security Issues.
- Review all current Exchange and Security and Compliance settings.
- Make recommendations to either keep or change the setting.
- Document settings, describe how the settings works and why it is recommended.
- Check the expected outcome with settings and report any issues and manage the call with Microsoft Premier Support.
- Look at all security and compliance reporting services and make recommendations as how the outputs can be managed on a routine basis. Produce associated guidance.
- Review audit logs, how they are set up, what they show and how they can be used to assure and improve the service
- Manage calls relating to Exchange and Security and Compliance Portal, ensuring helpdesk tool and office staff are kept up to date.
- Lead on Security related incidents, liaising with Technical lead and the 2nd Line Service desk as necessary.
- Recommend and produce a set of Management Information on a regular basis, in liaison with existing staff.
- Put controls in place for non-standard users.
- Use eDiscovery for conducted specific investigations.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Advanced knowledge of the Office 365 Exchange Online Administration Centre as well as the Security and Compliance portal
- Awareness and understanding of what configurations and settings are available and the purpose it serves.
- Understanding the consequences when applying/removing Office 365 settings
- A good understanding of eDiscovery, EOP and ATP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint (as described by most external courses);
- Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential.
- Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
- Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely. For example, explaining a complex (technical) issue in plain English.
- Production of support documentation and training materials for both internal support teams and senior stakeholders.
- Being able to deliver training to colleagues and customers;
- Experience of managing a complex and demanding workload.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain security clearance (SC) level clearance before taking up post. Please note that individuals should normally have been resident in the UK for 5 years preceding their application for SC clearance.