Montash have been engaged by a leading UK Consultancy to source an Oracle Developer for an initial 6 month contract based in Central London. This role is inside IR35.
You must be willing to undergo SC Clearance once on site.
This role will require a breadth and depth of experience in assessing and analysing user needs, and translating them into work-packages for development using the specific technologies required. The role encompasses software development as well as business analysis and design.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a small agile, business centric environment and participating in all software development life cycle phases for an oracle forms and reports 10g application (client are in process of migrating to 12c)
- An understanding and practical experience of the configuration and administration of an Oracle Application/Middleware Server for forms and reports is essential.
- Experience in client side windows OS integration of forms via webutil and the use and development of of bespoke forms extensions in Java and C++ would be mandatory.
- Proficiency in migrating the existing Oracle Application Server 10g to an equivalent 12c environment (WLS, Forms, Reports)
Day to Day Tasks
- Perform Data Modelling tasks plus create high and low level design documents for business to represent the entire migration/remediation process, code structures, impacts, risk and other analysis
- Taking responsibility for ensuring code quality on own projects, code quality of the junior developer in the team and where required peer review code quality of the other senior developer.
- Experience in installation, configuration, administration and migration of an Oracle Application Server and/or Oracle Fusion Middleware (WLS and Forms and Reports 11 - OID/SSO and Oracle Access Manager Experience a benefit).
- Setting an example of and encourage positive and constructive communication both within the team and when communicating with other teams Experience developing Pluggable Java Components and JavaBeans for Oracle Forms
HP UNIX, Win XP, Windows 10
Oracle 11g (currently worked on)
SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, Visual Basic, VB.Net, Java Script Electronic Programming Language - C, C++
· Development - include all object type creation and manipulation (Table, Index, View, Function/Procedure, Package, Trigger, Job, Object, Collection, Table Function, Sequence, Directory, User, Schema etc.)
· ETL: Bulk data loading having used SQL Loader, multi table inserts, merge and external tables and Pipelined Functions.
· Implement Fine Grained Auditing (FGA) based on audit policies for different user group
· XML: Reading and processing XML from CLOB using XMLTYPE
· Advance Queuing, used packages DBMS_AQADM and DBMS_AQ
· Implement hints, indexes, bulk collect, partition tables and external tables for data loads
· Competent in performing basic DBA housekeeping duties like Import and export, performance tuning using ADDM, STATSPACK, TKPROF and EXPLAIN PLAN, design and management of tablespaces and other objects
· Oracle Forms & Reports - 6i, 10g, 12c including WEBUTIL use for client-side integration.
· Developing new and existing Oracle Forms, PL/SQL Libraries, Menu modules, and Oracle Reports.
· Debugging, tracing, tuning, optimising and refactoring PL/SQL programs stored in Oracle Forms (fmb), Library (pll) and Menu (mmb) modules
· Oracle Web Reports - using Java Script
Office 365: Apart from using MS -Office, you should be proficient in the following:
· Word with Mailmerge and COM Add-In
· Outlook with COM Add-In
· Excel - with capability to write Code within sheets to pull data from Databases and generate Graphs and other statistical reports