Platform Engineer needed. A leading IT company needs a Platform Engineer to start ASAP on a 3-month contract (with likelihood of extension) in Swansea on a competitive day rate.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be working as part of the DevOps Team working alongside software development and Infrastructure teams to facilitate the smooth building, deployment and maintenance of our core products and services. You will be expected to design and create new features and scripts to automate core business processes using appropriate scripting languages and tools.
The successful candidate will have experience in a DevOps, Systems Administration, IT Operations or Software Development roles. Experience running Docker, Docker Swarm, Elastic Search and Kibana in production environments will be advantageous and stand you in good stead.
Platform Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Create scripts to provision and manage services used by core software products
- Create scripts and deployment pipelines to build and deploy core software products to development, test and production systems
- Design and implement and maintain logging, Monitoring and alerting capability for new software products
- Design and implement Configuration Management systems to allow consistent configuration of all internal and production systems.
- Work with the Software Development team ensure new products can work within the core platform
- Work with the Infrastructure team to ensure the core platform's operability with products and services.
- Monitor and maintain application services in production environments
- Provision new Test / Demo / Production Environments
- Interpret Log Files and assist with resolving bugs
- ELK Stack
- Linux systems administration
- Bash Scripting
- Docker & Docker Swarm
- HA Proxy
- Active Directory
- Rabbit MQ
- CI/CD methodologies
- Postgress SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.