Montash have been engaged by a leading consultancy to source a Platform Service Manager for an initial 6 month contract based in London. This role is working for a Government / Public Services client and requires SC Clearance or above.
The client where you will be on site, is currently going through a process of digitalisation. You will be working on the client's online platform which is in the process of being revolutionised in the way the public interact with the organisation.
You will be responsible for ensuring the platform services are delivered in accordance with agreed business requirements and service levels. The role acts as a bridge between suppliers, business users and content teams. The role provides a services focused input into application strategies and change requirements.
You will be responsible for leading and direct the national platform service team on the activities needed to manage the suppliers and maintain the performance and availability of the Single Online Home solution. Identify, monitor and track any risks and issues that may impact the availability, integrity (including security) and performance of the national solution
You will also work with the SIAM / Tower Supplier team to ensure that support for the Single Online Home solution is effective, that escalation points are fully understood and the appropriate level of support is being provided - monthly meetings to review service performance.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development and ITIL 3 standards and processes. Practical understanding of how these standards and methodologies can be applied effectively across both the supplier chain, internal groups and other stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of Financial and Commercial models
- Good understanding of security implications, as well as wider technology touchpoints
- Understanding of the SIAM / Towers model.
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management
- Ability to identify and explore opportunities for service and business improvement. Can drive analysis, prioritisation and implementation of improvements. This includes recognising the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting in implementation where needed
- Ability to use specialist knowledge to plan and schedule the testing and deployment of releases that takes into account key dependencies and minimises the disruption to live service.
- Strong background in service and technology management and significant experience of the full service lifecycle including implementing and improving ITIL 3 processes and tools
- Customer / stakeholder relationship management and customer focussed delivery of ICT services.
- Commercial / contract management of supplier performance and financial management of a service operating on a national scale.
- Working effectively in a multi supplier outsourced environment, ideally based on a SIAM / Towers model or similar.
- Experience of maintaining a configuration management regime in a complex / large scale environment to ensure and appropriate control is in place for all assets.
- Experience of test tools to automate testing and validate business requirements.
- Analysis of failure within services and identification of root causes for that failure
- Identification of opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service