Pricing Director / Director of Margin Management
My client a global industrial manufacturing business are looking for a new senior director to work on a key strategic focus of the company.
You will be responsible for optimising profitability by handling price trade-offs, whilst driving a margin strategy that crosses all product lines and regions.
My client is a relatively immature organisation made up of lots of established firms who have been acquired - this has resulted in a disparity of margin management and sales operation across the group. This role will be tasked with consolidating this to increase the sales / margin using advanced pricing methodologies.
This role will focus on continuously driving process excellence and compliance throughout their organisation. You will be responsible for branch ordering processes, tools and promoting analytical decision-making in branches.
This type of sophisticated strategy development and rigorous processes is a new strategy, you will need to have the ability to influence the countries and category teams with sound, fact-based analytics this will drive significant sales and margin upside.
Responsibilities / skillset:
- Develop advanced pricing strategy for my client through rigorous analysis.
- Define and continuously adapt the overall margin strategy based on changing environmental factors like supply/demand, exchange rates, etc.
- Lead pricing process re-engineering and adjustments
- Monitor customer profitability and price leakage on a large scale.
- Identify risks and opportunities while monitoring price erosion to ensure a balanced approach to achieve profitable growth.
- Actively engage sales team for industry insights and customer-facing perspective.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management and stakeholder management skills
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Broad knowledge of pricing, cross functional applications and systems interfaces
- Ideally a master's degree, preferably in a strong quantitative discipline such as hard sciences, engineering or Economics etc
- You must have experience in pricing within a branch environment
- A strong analytical /project management environment is key
- International business environment is preferable
- You will need strong stakeholder engagement and be able to influence at all levels
- Strong problem solving skills with a solid drive for success and innovation
Location / Travel:
This role can be based across Europe within a major city I.E London, Lyon, Paris, Amsterdam, Milan Etc. Etc.
You will also be required to travel across Europe on a regular basis roughly 40% of the time depending on requirements.
With this role you will get a very attractive and competitive base salary and package.
Genuinely this client is one not to be missed and we are very excited with what they are doing and their presence in the market.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply now.