Puppet Engineer required. A Puppet Engineer is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leading aviation company based in Hampshire, on a 6 month contract.
The Puppet Engineer will have the following experience:
- Five or more years experience in a DevOps engineering function
- Proven experience of Low Level Designs
- Proven experience in developing and delivering Puppet solutions
- Proven experience wrapping COTS applications using Puppet or Puppet Enterprise
- Experience using code repositors such as GIT
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Recent hands on engineering experience in Service Management and Infrastructure Design (hosting, storage, network, PaaS/IaaS)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of provisioning tools in a cloud environment (VMware/UCS)
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge/Experience with Chef
- Knowledge/Experience of Teraform or equivalent
- Knowledge of scripting in Phyton/Ruby
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM
- Experience of working with the ITIL framework
The Puppet Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- As the Puppet Engineer you will be responsible for producing the end to end design and delivery of the Configuration Compliance (e.g. Puppet) and provisioning solution. This role will include supporting the Environment Design Lead in building out the development and production environments as well as supporting the evaluation of suitable Configuration Compliance (e.g. puppet, Puppet Enterprise) tooling for the future SOM environment. This includes documenting evaluation results and developing recommendations.
- On selection of the appropriate product you will work with the Environment Design Lead and Engineers to refine requirements (user stories), liaise with other Design Leads/Engineers and deliver the SOM Configuration Compliance solution.
- The role will also be responsible for creating puppet modules for the development envrionemnt, these include wrapping monitoring tools, service desk tools, configuration management tools and other service management products to be used in the future operational envrironment.
Included in the Puppet Engineer role are the following capabilities:
- Designing the production Puppet Environemnt
- Building out Puppet or Puppet Enterprise environment
- Building out a provisioning capability
- Creating Puppet modules for COTS applications
- Integration with other SOM components
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.