Perl/Python - C Developer
In this team we develop and maintain open source based software (service frontends, mail- and filesystem, etc.) for shared web hosting services to millions of customers. In order to keep control on functionalities and to being able to react independently and quickly in case of malfunctions we try to understand the used software as much as possible. We constantly aim to further optimize the live performance. In a dev ops role we are responsible for our tools and services. On top of these tasks we design and develop new tools to improve processes or protect our platform.
- Develop install and run service frontends, tools and backends of the hosting platform
- Develop, test and maintain libraries, daemons and system services as well as kernel modules
- Refactor existing applications
- Design and implement new performant and secure infrastructures
Required knowledge and qualifications
- Skilled reading German, ideally oral German communication skills
- Several years experience programming Perl/Python and C
- Deep knowledge of UNIX and POSIX-APIs as well as networking protocols, especially http and tcp/ip
- Versed using UNIX systems (Sun Solaris and / or Linux)
- Debugging in complex environments
- Ideally experience with hosting or big cloud platforms
- Fearless but careful handling of big installations during changes
About the Company
We are the hosting provider with the best cost-benefit ratio: As one of the worlds leading hosting companies, We offer professional quality at keen prices. Our products include Domains, e-mail and homepage bundles, on-line storage, web-shops and servers as well as high-end solutions. We are hosting four Million domains with services offered worldwide and runs two TÜV-certified data centres. Our employees are key to our success. We are part of United Internet AG.
We offer you
Freedom instead of shortness of breath: Good ideas need room to breathe. We give you what you need: Flexible working hours are standard with us.
- Security instead of a shiver: We ares part of a leading Telecom provider - it provides security and gives us the strength to grow steadily.
- Feel-good atmosphere instead of malaise: With around 500 employees, we are not too small and not too big. Anyone who appreciates working in a pleasant, family atmosphere feels comfortable with us.
- Additional benefits: company pension, accident insurance, benefits on our products and Telekom products, subsidies for travel by public transport via job ticket
- Location: With views of the Spreebogen in Charlottenburg, we are easily accessible, have a variety of lunch options nearby and can also use the lawn for sunbathing
Please contact Stephen at Montash on StephenS@montash.de to apply