Montash have been engaged by a leading Consultancy to source an SC Cleared 2nd Line Support analyst for an initial 3 month role. This has the potential to become a rolling contract for the right candidate. SC clearance is required
- 2nd Line point of contact regarding support for c25,000 users, located nationally and other IT products/services. Capture, record and resolve incidents in accordance with agreed protocols/SLA's.
- To take on responsibilities relating to other IT services in support of escalation of live service issues, delivery of services and investigation/delivery of new requirements.
- Manage customer expectations when dealing with an incident/new work request and show reasoning and analysis when providing options and recommendations to resolve/deliver;
- Maintain 'Service Now' log of all incidents raised and resolve incidents in accordance with office standards and the SLA.
- Follow (major) incident, change and problem management operating procedures. Contribute to maintaining them and suggesting improvements.
- Proactively monitor call trends, using this knowledge to provide suggestions to stakeholders on improvements to the service.
- To provide input into wider team's initiatives. The post-holder will be expected to actively contribute to the team's operational objectives and provide input into how the team can improve and meet its targets;
- Produce/maintain clear and concise documentation (office protocols, team guides, user guides, communications to user, etc).
- Identify and procure hardware/software and assist with financial management and invoice payment, following departmental guidelines.
- Assess the impact of any changes to MS365 and to identify how this may impact the customer/support team.
- Assess the impact of change and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
- Dealing with telephone/e-mail queries from customers
- Contacting and liaising with departmental IT suppliers and representing our interests.
- As required represent the office/directorate/department in meetings with customers, business representatives and internal/external suppliers.
- Ensure specialist knowledge of MS365 and related administrative tools is up to date and maintained
- Follow a build process to build and dispatch laptops to the judiciary.
- Maintain asset list using standard asset management procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of the O365 product set and ensure new leases are monitored, understood and assessed in relation of user impact.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
* Recognised IT Qualification/Degree relevant to position.
* Knowledge and experience of administering MS365 (at 2nd line level). The post-holder is required to have specialist knowledge of MS365 environment - Exchange online (e.g. message tracing, managing malware incidents), SharePoint (e.g. create a team site), Powershell (create and execute scripts), Azure (Dynamic Security Groups) and Skype for Business;
* Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential.
* Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders. This role will involve dealing with the senior judiciary;
* Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
* Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely (e.g. explaining a complex incident in plain English).
* Experience of working in a 2nd Line team within an IT support environment.
* Production of support documentation and training materials for both internal support teams and customers.
* Being able to deliver training to colleagues and customers;
* Experience of a call logging systems (Service Now highly desirable).
SC CLEARANCE REQUIRED
THIS ROLE IS OUTSIDE OF IR35