Montash have been engaged by a global Consultancy to source multiple SC Cleared Devops Engineers for three different locations. Skills will be needed in London, Sheffield and Manchester. This is an initial three month opportunity with the potential to last 5 years as this is a long term project.
There are three graded levels, the most senior of which is a Lead Engineer. (which will be reflected in the daily rate)
It is expected, that after lockdown, on site presence will be required throughout the duration of the contract.
The client currently have a number of different projects and third party suppliers, and they are looking for a more coherent and aligned process.
You will be working on an AWS platform and be embedded into the delivery teams. You will provide advice, assurance and strategy to evolve the client's cloud development strategy. You will work on CI/CD from a support and deployment perspective.
The working atmosphere is very open and collaborative, with a servant leadership culture. You will be collaborating alongside other suppliers. They are looking to build their internal capacity and upskill.
Required Skill set
* Knowledge and experience in one of the following cloud providers - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure.
* Recent experience in working with CI/CD processes and tooling from code repositories such as GitLab/GitHub, continuous integration e.g. Jenkins and artefact repositories e.g. Nexus.
* Experience of implementing, supporting and using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
* Good scripting experience - (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
* Knowledge and recent use of Linux Administration (preferably RHEL)
* Keen interest in future technologies and the strategic direction of software and systems delivery to continually improve the service offered by Atos.
* Good communication
*Current SC Clearance
Skills we'd like:
* Professional qualification with one cloud provider
* Experience of containerisation and the orchestration of them, preferably in the form of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS.
* Experience with templating tools (Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation,) to deploy infrastructure and images.