Montash have been engaged by a leading UK consultancy to source an SC Cleared Test Engineer for an initial 6 Month Contract based in Wiltshire.
This role is working for a client in the Defence sector and is inside IR35
You will be responsible for carrying out general testing activities for a military system (Application / infrastructure Projects).
You will be able to create use cases, design test cases, create test scrips and establish associated data in response to that requirement.
Day to Day Tasks
- Creation of test cases and identifies test data in response to defined and/or derived requirements.
- Design analysis and derivation of requirements
- Execution of test cases and recording of associated results in accordance with test plan(s).
- Test results checking and reporting.
- Test Incident logging and support.
- Collection of testing related measurements and metrics.
- Support the continuous improvement of test process and activities.
Education / Experience
- Certified Testing background (ISEB/ISTQB) with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Familiarisation with either Land, Maritime Deployed Systems or military sytems
- Familiarisation in Microsoft and Linux environments; Architecture, Security, and Services
- Experience in the verification of COTs and MOTs infrastructure and applications.
- A clear understanding of testing within infrastructure project, and verification of application installation.
- Familiarisation of testing within a virtual environment.
- A understanding of testing across the OSI layers.
- SC/DV Clearance
- ITIL V3.
- SAFe or Agile Foundation.
- A good understanding of test and integration of Military Enterprise Deployed Systems, i.e Defence Information Infrastructure (DII)
- A sound understanding of MOTS applications and infrastructures, Inc. Networks and System Management.
- Experience within both sequential and iterative (SAFe) environments
- Experience in development toolsets; JIRA, Test Rails, BITBucket, Jenkins, Wireshark, and standard Microsoft Office tooling.