A global tech company is searching for a Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager to join their team on a permanent basis in Munich. Candidates must speak German fluently, have strong SOC strategy experience and, ideally, they have built a SOC from the ground up in the past and managed it directly.
The Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager will organise, oversee, and directly manage the team's activities and functions. Ensuring constant monitoring and handling of security incidents as well as timely escalations are essential functions to protect people, technology, and process. Also, the successful candidate will play a key role identifying potential and imminent cyber threats, by taking on cyber intelligence and producing technical reports on how to reduce the extent of the threat strategically.
- Responsible for SOC strategy.
- Directly managing and acting as a leader for the SOC team members.
- Primarily responsible for overseeing incident response practices: this entails making sure that security incidents are identified, assessed, quantified, and reported.
- Ensuring constant communication with regards to constant monitoring and threats mitigation within the organisation.
- Making sure compliance to policy is assessed, and that processes and procedure adhere to the accepted standards. To achieve operational objectives, process improvisation may need implementation.
- Periodically reviewing and developing the policies procedures needed to strengthen the Security Operations Framework, flagging up the issues in managing SLAs.
- Deciding upon the overall utilisation of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center.
- Ensuring constant administration and maintenance of the utilised devices in order to fulfil operational efficiency.
- Ensuring threat intelligence and modeling, identifying those vectors driving cyber threat for the organisations and developing use cases for security monitoring.
- Producing intuitive technical metrics, reports, and dashboards with regards to Security Operations and presenting to Senior Management and C-Level Executives.