Montash have been engaged by a leading Retail Company to source a senior Communications Manager for an initial 10 month contract role based in Luton. The role will involve some occasional travel to Hannover.
The role involves working as a lead to the Internal & External Group Purchasing communications ongoing strategy. You will work with a team in Hannover and a team in the UK.
Group Communications is mainly based in Hannover, and the team are responsible for 'classic' strategic comms, HR, board strategy etc.
The client is is looking for someone with gravitas, strong influencing skills and relationship building skills and someone who has operated at a senior level.
Most of the week would focus on working on longer term projects, strategic planned comms, organisational changes/transformational changes, however there is a need to adapt to focus on pieces of work at short notice also as things change
Types of activities could include:
- Incorporating communications for internal use
- External comms to 3rd parties
- Participation in overseeing activities for the Group Purchasing annual conference, invitees, speeches etc
- Management changes/organisational changes
- Comms for business transformation activities
- Bi weekly call participation - call in which all international Senior Comms Managers (from source markets in Europe and otherwise) talk about what's been achieved, learnings, up and coming projects and advise each other on approach
- Sharing group strategies for up coming pieces of work
- Once or twice per year Comms Strategy meeting in Hannover or similar
- Ability to translate topics into messages - so they are easily perceived by different Stakeholders regardless of where they sit in the organization
- Able to consult with various departments at all levels
- Experience with large, corporate, complex clients with an international slant to their experience ideally in the Travel Industry, Retail, eCommerce and Telecomms
* Digital change/transformation experience would be helpful
* Languages, English is fine but German/Spanish would be great
* Video editing etc (not too important)
* Good influencing skills
* Able to cope in terms of quickly building up their network
* Open minded
* Able to get in touch with managers early to understand who's who in a complex environment