Senior Data Engineer- Bedfordshire- Hadoop/Spark/ Python/Scala
My client a worldwide travel organisation is seeking a passionate data engineer to join their team. This role requires someone who is looking to progress into a leadership role or is currently a team lead.
- Familiarity in a Unix environment and comfortable with shell-scripting, competent hands-on experience with SQL Server, Spark, Spark API, Python, Scala, Hive, Impala.
- Building orchestration for data pipelines using tools such as Jenkins/Ansible/Oozie/Cron.
- Help the business harness the power of data within, supporting them with insight, analytics and data science.
- Work in a fast-paced agile scrum environment with a release within sprint mentality.
- Coach and mentor the team to improve development standards.
- Work with Technical Architects to define patterns and standards for designs.
- Work with Business Analysts to deliver against requirements and realise business benefits.
- Building a documentation library and data catalogue for all data pipelines/products.
- Oversight of project deliverables and code quality going into the next shippable release.
- Work with a mixed team of onshore and offshore resource.
- Provide business support for technical queries/challenges faced.
- A Bachelors Degree Required in Computer Science or Equivalent
This is a PERMANENT opportunity and offering £55k-£65k
If you believe you are the right candidate get in touch via email@example.com or 02070140238