Senior Big Data Engineer- Bedfordshire
Do you believe you have a proven track record in big data projects? Or a background in Scala, Spark, Hive, Spark API, Python and AWS? If yes, then this role is a great fit for you.
My client a worldwide retailer based in Bedfordshire is seeking a passionate Senior Big Data Engineer. The role requires someone who is looking to progress into a leadership position or is currently a team lead.
- Familiarity in a Unix environment and comfortable with shell-scripting, competent hands-on experience with SQL Server, Spark, Spark API, Python, Scala, Hive, Impala.
- Building composition for data pipelines using tools such as Jenkins/Ansible/Oozie/Cron.
- Help the business connect the power of data within, supporting them with insight, analytics and data science.
- Work in a fast-paced agile scrum environment with a release within sprint mentality.
- Work with Technical Architects to define patterns and standards for designs.
- Work with Business Analysts to deliver against requirements and realise business benefits.
- Oversight of project deliverables and code quality going into the next shippable release.
- A bachelor's degree Required in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Compensation £50K-£70K