Senior Project Manager - Investment Banking required. A Senior Project Manager - Investment Banking is required by one of Montash's clients, a leading investment bank in London, until the end of the year.
The Senior Project Manager - Investment Banking key responsibilities will include:
Preliminary step: project framing
- Clarify the objective, the scope, the dependencies, the major risks & issues.
- Confirm the sponsorship.
- Ensure a clear business rationale is associated to the contemplated project (incl. high level ROI), identify benefits.
- Size roughly the effort required to design the solution & execute the projects.
- Identify contributors to be on-boarded for the study.
Study / Design phase:
- Clearly state the business requirements, cost and time-frame of the project.
- Coordinate & challenge experts to put together a solution meeting the business requirements.
- Identify risk and dependencies that could jeopardize project execution.
- Establish the full financial of the project (cost, associated revenues or savings).
- Design the project governance (roles & responsibilities, governance bodies, stakeholders identification).
- Design project roadmap (i.e. the overall execution plan).
- Secure the resource plan (skills, capacity) and prioritization / funding for those resources.
- Drive the execution of the roadmap.
- Ensure aligned project status/progress is shared amongst the project community.
- Identify risk & issues and propose a mitigation action plan.
- Raise alerts / escalate issues / review the roadmap if required.
- Monitor the budget consumption.
- Monitor the feedback from contributors on project management and adjust when required.
- Prepare and chair governance bodies, produce adequate reporting, communicate.
- Collect feedback from project participants.
- Identify good practices/factors of success and fields of improvement.
- Update project management toolkit with lessons learnt.
The Project Lead is also accountable to ensure that solutions designed for the project fit with the principles and are validated by the relevant validation bodies:
- Overall sound IT architecture.
- Operational TOM with clear mandate for each team.
- Strong controls framework.
- Simple and efficient working.
- Future evolution of the regulatory framework or anticipated business transformation.
Skills & Experience
Technical Skills Required
- In-depth knowledge of Front Office to Finance processing chains logics.
- Good technical understanding of capital markets products.
- Strong experience in a project leader role (senior PM level).
- Strong experience in delivering regulatory projects in Capital Markets environment
- Strong track record in successful interactions with peers in a non-hierarchical framework.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Capacity to interact with very senior employees of the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proven coaching capabilities.
If you are a good fit for this please apply immediately.