Senior Puppet DevOps Engineer
Duration: 6 months (with a possibility to extend)
On site time: 4 days every two weeks.
Project Language: English
Currently I am working with an international company that is looking for a long term freelancer. You will be part of a team that manages over 1,000 VM and as such they are looking for someone with experience in a similar environment.
70% Puppet Automation
The right candidate would have worked for a large enterprise
- Design, architect, and implement next generation architecture and automation solutions.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments.
- Define and drive end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with automation in mind (right tools/processes built in).
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures.
- Cost benefit analysis of recommendations, identify quick wins.
- Provide technical leadership, project guidance, and development in various technology areas.
- Advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate the client's infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions.
- Participate in customer's workshops and provide presentations of the proposed solution.
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management.
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps & Infrastructure Automation.
- Acts as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams and supports.
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture.
- Create technical documentation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems and on-prem virtualized infrastructure
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience with CI/CD using GitLab or Jenkins
- Experience with configuration management Puppet (ideally Puppet Certified Professional)
- Experience with programming/scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Bash, Go, PowerShell
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and Central logging tools like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana