Senior Software Engineer required. Senior Software Engineer required by our market leading client based in Eindhoven. This is fantastic opportunity to join a truly global company, who is looking to strengthen their team with a Senior Software Engineer who is able to deploy deep software engineering skills, in combination with Agile and test driven development methodologies, to create bleeding edge cloud-based software solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working for a well-established multi-national brand, where you will play a key role in building various fit-for-purpose platforms and solutions based on a variety of technologies including Java , Cloud (AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry etc), MicroServices, Rest, API, JSON, and SQL.
Having a fast acting and adaptable mindset with the ability to pick the right technology for the right task is highly desirable, as is a background working in fast paced Agile and DevOps environments.
Playing an important part within their cross-functional development and operations teams, demonstrable experience in containerisation and CI / CD using Docker and Kubernetes is also a major plus.
To summarise, the Senior Software Engineer will have the following skills and expertise:
- Extensive experience in cloud solution development as Senior Software Engineer using Java
- Significant experience with cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry etc) and all aspects of it: Microservices, APIs, Message Queues, SQL, NoSQL, REST & JSON,
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps way of working, production deploys, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience in coding best practices; Agile and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of Go and NoSQL is also a major advantage although not essential
The Senior Software Engineer will be a confident self starter who thrives in scalable, high-availability environments.
You will also possess an accurate and methodical approach to work, be a first rate communicator, with strong user-focus and business facing skills.
A passionate technologist, you will be able to use your knowledge and experience of the latest technologies and techniques to propose optimal solutions to customer requirements, whilst retaining the ability to always consider software engineering from the end user perspective.
This is a brand new position so if you fit the profile above and want to be the first person to discuss their plans in more detail then please send me you CV immediately.