Server-Side API Engineer needed. A leading IT company is in need of a Server-Side API Engineer needed to start ASAP on a 3 month contract (with strong possibility of extension) in Central London.
As the Server-Side API Engineer, you will work on a Mobile application Service Layer, and so will need strong technical skills and creativity. You will be part of a team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for customers, with the aim to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey.
As the Server-Side Engineer, you will contribute to the design, architecture, and development of Sever side APIs and work closely with other developers and product owners to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Contribute insights into ways to improve processes and tool
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the Server-side APIs
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practice
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- Knowledge of developing and emerging trends in mobile apps (Kotlin, etc)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in API/Web Service Development and 5 years of experience in Java/J2EE/Web Development
- Familiar with the complete software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring and RESTful API development
- Thorough understanding of JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP,
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven, Ant, etc.) and deployments on application servers (like Websphere, Weblogic)
- Experience working with testing libraries (like Junit, Mockito)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Knowledge of the open-source Java ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise application
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Experience with Kotlin is desirable
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.