Server Side Engineer Needed. My client is urgently seeking an experienced Server Side Java Developer / API Developer to work on their Mobile application Service Layer that will be used by a global customer base on a 3 month contract (with strong possibility of extension) in Central London.
The successful Senior Java Developer will be based out of the clients central London offices and will be working with a team of developers building mobile products that enhance interactive experiences throughout the consumer's journey (before, at, or after the time of purchase).
The Successful Java Developer will need to contribute to the design, architecture, and development of Sever side APIs that are efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable and work with senior stakeholders & developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the Server side APIs.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent background Java Development alongside demonstrable experience in API/Web Service Development
- Great knowledge of Java design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring and RESTful API development
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps (RxJava, Kotlin, etc), mobile payments, and wearables
- Solid understanding of SDLC and Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Thorough understanding of JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, web services technologies & multi-threaded programming
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven, Ant, etc.) and deployments on application servers (like Websphere, Weblogic)
- Experience working with testing libraries (like Junit, Mockito)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Knowledge of the open-source Java ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise application
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.