Montash have been engaged by a leading Cosultancy who are working for a defence client to source a Service Design Architect for an initial period of 6 months. SC Clearance is required for this role.
The service design Architect will be accountable for ensuring and demonstrating that Service architectures are being designed coherently at key business capability milestones over time and that formal and consistent requirements engineering and management is used to underpin Architectural design.
- Ensure Service Solution Design and interoperability Requirements coherence across services/projects.
- Ensure that requirements have been reflected into detailed technical designs (including incorporation of appropriate security, patterns and standards as required, and interoperability aspects) across services/projects and over time.
- To produce/ensure Architectural Roadmaps and Transition states for the services/solution and the associated Support and toolings
- Ensure the Authority security requirements a have been identified, effectively prioritised and integrated in to and throughout the service solution design and build lifecycle across services and supplier systems.
- Ensure coherence, adherence and management of cross service Design Decisions and Assumptions as agreed with the design authority.
- Ensure solution integrity coherence of the Service Catalogue offerings and alignment to overall Solution architecture over time.
- Ensure correct re-use of architectural patterns, service designs to drive coherence and rigour into the designs of new or changed services
- Ensure compliance with strategy, policy and standards
- A broad and deep understanding of Service Solution Architecture, Requirements and IS Technical engineering and the complexities and implications associated with delivering this is a multi-vendor environment
- Extensive experience (5-10 years) of large scale technical architectures that span multiple but inter-related technologies and associated systems engineering disciplines (Apps, HCI/MMI, human factors etc).
- Experience of, and having undertaken a senior role within, the SIAM delivery model is Essential especially with regard to the rigour required in defining and maintaining a pan-supplier service solution architecture model (including service wrap and tooling).
- Expert knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle. Especially that associated with Enterprise Architecture and architectural Transition state definition and maintenance and Requirements Engineering.
- A command respect for knowledge, experience and excellence within the specific areas of Service Solution Architecture, Requirements and IS Technical engineering, security discipline and test.
- Excellent influencing skills and personal presence to make representation at the highest levels both externally and internally, formally and informally, establishing confidence and respect both for the functions represented and as an individual.
- Strong, persistent and influencing nature.
- Ability to structure activities and plan.
- Educated to at least Degree level in an IT/Systems Engineering related discipline.
- Qualified in formal Technical and Enterprise Architecture methodologies/frameworks (e.g TOGAF 8 or TOGAF 9 level 2).
- Qualified, or at least substantially experienced, in structured system Requirements Engineering (such as REVEAL®, Formal methods, IEEE methods or similar).
- Qualified, or at least substantially experienced, in ITSM and processes and tooling (such as ITIL).
- Certified through a professional Institution such as the BCS, IEEE or equivalent
- Experience of working in with the MOD
- Experience of working with the Armed Forces