Montash have been engaged by a leading travel company to source a Software Delivery Project Manager for an initial 6 month contract based in Luton. *Please note there will be a 3 week break on this role between 17/12/2018 - 4/01/2019 inclusive.
Scope/team set up: This role involves working across several initiatives on the Customer Programme. The client are looking for a good all round software delivery Project Manager who is able to work cross functionally on small, medium and large projects and with established processes. Planned release set up will see this resource working on 2 concurrent monthly releases at any time each offering new functionality and capabilities as well as overseeing additional pieces of work and projects at the same time. This role will have no line management responsibility and involves working across a matrix managed structure.
The client are looking for someone with expeirience in Agile and Waterfall structured methods. You will be joining the Portfolio Management team that is responsible for the definition, governance and delivery of a vast range of IT projects. These initiatives touch all areas of our business across Commercial functions (Retail and Tour Operations), Airline, Call Centres, eCommerce and several office locations.
The role will focus initially on the delivery of new and enhanced capability across the Customer Programme. The focus of the programme is to deliver a roadmap of new features and capabilities within the newly deployed SAP C4C system. Your role will be to initiate, deliver and deploy new features in the monthly release programme, with multiple releases in flight at any given point.
As Project Manager you'll be accountable for the end-to-end management of assigned projects, playing a central role in the delivery of new business capability. You will be responsible for managing the financial and resourcing aspects of your projects as well as ensuring that your wider project team of IT and business stakeholders are engaged and supported. Collaboration will be required with project sponsors and IT professionals such as architecture and development specialists to successfully deliver projects.
The Project Manager will also build, lead and motivate a team of direct reports and colleagues in a matrix management structure to deliver successfully.
- Strong, practical project management experience across small, medium and large scale projects
- A proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
- An understanding of IT technology and its application
- A thorough understanding of the development cycle and a range of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM, RAD) and an ability to work in a 'hybrid' delivery model.
- Experience of managing remote development groups or third parties with a particular emphasis on offshore management
- Accurate, timely and clear reporting of Project Status using the prescribed Project Management Framework.
- Ability to matrix-manage a project delivery team that is cross functional: Service Delivery, Security, Architecture, Engineering, Quality, Solution Design and Commercial teams.
- Able to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Experience in dealing with multiple vendors
- Stakeholder management skills in a (business) technically complex environment
- Able to be proactive and manage projects and situations independently
- Strong conflict management skills
- Proven decision-making skills - excellent commercial judgement
Nice to Have
Travel Industry Experience
SAP C4C experience