Solution Architect Needed. My client, a leading IT company, needs a Solution Architect to start ASAP on a 3-month contract (with possibility of extension) whilst working from home.
As the Solution Architect, you MUST have good experience with Microsoft collaboration and productivity toolset (Microsoft 365/Office 365), with the ability to guide and influence projects in the use of Microsoft toolset.
You will also work with key stakeholders, establishing the vision by aligning capability uplift with strategy, with reference to the IT Modernisation and Digital Transformation Programmes.
- Work with the architecture team to develop architectural blueprints, roadmaps, policies, principles, standards, patterns, and other artefacts to support and develop the Enterprise Architecture capability (with reference to the IT Modernisation and Digital Transformation Programmes).
- Identify and prioritise high-level work packages, risks, and dependencies to support the migration plan for high-level solution designs.
- Lead on the delivery of high-level designs that define business, information, and technology architectures to support the business requirements, Enterprise Architecture governance framework and technology roadmaps.
- Lead on the identification of the gaps between baseline and target architectures and exploit opportunities by establishing a solution in line with Enterprise Architecture governance.
- Work closely with the Solution Delivery and Service Management teams, leading on the architectural input to high-level work-packages, risks, and dependencies in relation to project and migration plans.
- Hold accountability for the solution, overseeing low-level design and implementation to ensure continued compliance with architecture governance and the high-level design.
- Provide implementation governance by reviewing Solution Design document (low level design) and ensuring implementation aligns with agreed design.
- Lead on the identification and risk assessment of opportunities and issues with the proposed technical and solutions architecture including duplication, under-utilisation, technical debt, and inform requirements.
- Work with the Solution Delivery and Service Management teams and provide advice and leadership on whether future technologies comply with the Technology Reference Model (TRM) and Applications Reference Model (ARM).
- Lead on the documentation of the future technology direction of the company and develop a schedule of retirement, replacement or rebuild of current technologies, informing the TRM and ARM as required.
If you fit the role, please apply immediately.