Solution Architect - MS365 experience required. A Solution Architect with MS365 experience is required by Montash's client, a leading technology company, on an initial three month contract.
The Solution Architect requires good experience with Microsoft collaboration and productivity toolset (Microsoft 365/Office 365), with the ability to guide and influence projects in the use of Microsoft toolset.
The Solution Architect will work with key stakeholders and establish the vision by aligning capability uplift with strategy, with particular reference to the IT Modernisation and Digital Transformation. Building upon the vision the Solution Architect will be responsible for defining the baseline (as-is) and target (to-be) business, information and technology architectures.
The Solution Architect - MS365 experience will have the following skills/experience/responsibilities:
- Leadership and application of specialist expertise as follows:
- Work with the architecture team to develop architectural blueprints, roadmaps, policies, principles, standards, patterns and other artefacts to support and develop the Enterprise Architecture capability (with particular reference to the IT Modernisation and Digital Transformation Programmes).
- Identify and prioritise high-level work packages, risks and dependencies to support the migration plan for high-level solution designs.
- Lead on the delivery of high-level designs that define business, information and technology architectures to support the business requirements, Enterprise Architecture governance framework and technology roadmaps.
- Provide professional expertise and leadership in relation to solutions architecture and the opportunities for new capabilities generated by the practice of Enterprise Architecture.
- Lead on the identification of the gaps between baseline and target architectures and exploit opportunities by establishing a solution in line with Enterprise Architecture governance.
- Work closely with the Solution Delivery and Service Management teams, leading on the architectural input to high-level work-packages, risks and dependencies in relation to project and migration plans.
- Hold accountability for the solution, overseeing low-level design and implementation to ensure continued compliance with architecture governance and the high-level design.
- Provide implementation governance by reviewing Solution Design document (low level design) and ensuring implementation aligns with agreed design.
- Lead on the identification and risk assessment of opportunities and issues with the proposed technical and solutions architecture including duplication, under-utilisation, technical debt, and inform requirements.
- Work with the Solution Delivery and Service Management agile and waterfall project teams and support the development, testing and implementation of infrastructure, hybrid and cloud solutions to ensure they are implemented as designed.
- Work with the Solution Delivery and Service Management teams and provide advice and leadership on whether future technologies comply with the Technology Reference Model (TRM) and Applications Reference Model (ARM).
- With the wider architecture team, lead on the development of architecture standards and principles, particularly in relation to architecture.
- Lead on the documentation of the future technology direction of the client and develop a schedule of retirement, replacement or rebuild of current technologies, informing the TRM and ARM as required.
- Support the Head of Architecture in the negotiation and integrity of supplier and third party contracts for IT products and services.
- Lead on the implementation of a consistent and structured approach in the use of architecture tools and techniques, to ensure the delivery of quality outputs.
- Engage with and occasionally lead external specialist and/or supplier engagement to identify new and enhanced technologies and their potential application to drive high performance and innovative solutions and services.
- Participate in the procurement and selection of solutions, providing architecture leadership and input.
- Convey the value and impact of complex conceptual IT and Digital services through written, verbal and visual communications to senior stakeholders, and contribute to the evaluation of new products and digital services in support of developing the business case for change.
- Lead and manage small projects when required and be responsible for the time, cost and quality of deliverables including managing project budgets.
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.