Technical Lead required. A Technical Lead is required by Montash's client, who are a leading media company based in West London, on an initial six month contract.
The Technical Lead will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day technical production of all our new Digital OTT products across Europe, ensuring that products are delivered on time, within budget and meeting quality specifications set out by the business.
The Tech Lead involves planning, organising, resourcing and managing a distributed team of developers & testers in collaboration with Delivery Managers. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping the relevant key stakeholders informed of all areas of the product. (Product, Platform, Front End apps and Web)
The Technical Lead will have the following skills:
- Exceptional leadership in project management, evangeliser, and enforcer of the standards and guidelines of Development Processes. A proven motivator and team leader, with the ability to drive teams forward while maintaining strong morale, focus and efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills. An eye for detail and proven organisational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment. To track overall budget and spending to ensure control of development costs.
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors; and to devote the necessary time to planning, directing and controlling team activities.
- Extensive, practical project management experience, managing budgets and spending with experience of controlling development costs, whilst ensuring quality is achieved and deadlines hit.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) with different goals, objectives and aspirations.
- Excellent technical awareness and skills, including working knowledge of Backend: PHP Frameworks, Zend, Cake. GitHub
The Technical Lead will be responsible for the following:
- The primary function of the Tech Lead is to ensure that software development is and remains under control and on track at all times.
- Formalise a release plan from development, test, trial to live release, releasing applications at a high frequency.
- Track all resources and build and maintain a capacity plant to assist the Project Management teams.
- Select and maintain development tools for source control, code analysis, build processes, and test.
- Ensure suitable test coverage of all deliverables.
- Giving guidance to the test teams in the selection of the most appropriate test strategy for each supported platform.
- Monitor the performance of all delivery teams, formulating and executing improvement plans when required.
- Keeping track of the creation and burn down rates of defects, taking corrective action if these rates do not satisfy quality targets.
- Manage the continuous improvement of development and test processes by introducing new technologies and changes to existing processes.
- Document all development and test processes which must also include guides for on boarding of new team members.
- Collaborates with both Product and commercial teams as well as wider technology teams.
- A proven track record is expected to demonstrate strong leadership, planning and organisation, decision-making and communication skills.
- Working with key stakeholders to deliver a high- quality technical product on time and to budget.
- Ability to seek out and assimilate information, building plans, understanding impediments and identifying solutions, actioning & flagging them accordingly.
- Maintain effective communications with team members, key stakeholders, senior management throughout the duration of the project, in addition to managing the team leads of sub-areas of the project.
- Develop and clearly communicate project goals and expectations to the team leads and team through frequent performance and progress feedback meetings.
- Follow up with team leads on a regular basis monitoring progress and performance. Assimilate information to enable key decision-making and information dissemination to the team.
- Whilst the responsibility of project schedule lies with delivery teams and PM's, it is the Tech Lead's responsibility to ensure that the schedule of the project/s are assigned and if there are potential changes, risks or impacts that these are communicated in a timely manner.
- Effectively track the project and at any time be prepared to report on project/s status to senior management, and ensuring proactive, timely reporting if not on target.
- Working with any external partners to ensure timely delivery of assets / source code, and that the quality expectations are being met at all times with relevant steer being given as appropriate.
- Practice team development through effective open communication, reinforcing the professional growth of the team members, and establishing clearly defined goals and program objectives.
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.