Test Engineer needed. A leading technology company is in need of a Test Engineer to start ASAP on a 6 month contract (with likelihood of extension) in Wiltshire.
As the Test Engineer, you will be carrying out general testing activities on application or infrastructure projects, programs or services to supply which enables stakeholders to make informed decisions around progress to the next development stage or release.
You can understand a given requirement and can create use cases, design test cases, create test scripts and establish associated data in response to that requirement. You will also be recording and analysing results to provide reports on test activities and results to identify test incidents and risks and assisting in incident resolution.
- Creation of test cases and identifies test data in response to defined and/or derived requirements.
- Design analysis and derivation of requirements
- Execution of test cases and recording of associated results in accordance with test plan(s).
- Test results checking and reporting.
- Test Incident logging and support.
- Collection of testing related measurements and metrics.
- Support the continuous improvement of test process and activities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Produces test cases that address clearly defined requirements.
- Produces test documents that are precise, clear and unambiguous.
- Ensures that all test activities are logged and that an up to date audit trail is available.
- Works in an organized and methodical way.
- SC/DV Clearance
- Certified Testing background (ISEB/ISTQB)
- Familiarisation with Deployed Systems
- Familiarisation in Microsoft and Linux environments; Architecture, Security, and Services
- Experience in the verification of COTs and MOTs infrastructure and applications.
- A clear understanding of testing within infrastructure project, and verification of application installation.
- Familiarisation of testing within a virtual environment.
- A understanding of testing across the OSI layers.
- Self-motivated demonstrating commitment, rigour, flexibility and integrity.
- Team player with a positive outlook.
If you fit the role, please apply immediately