Montash have been engaged by a client based in Nottingham to source a Trading Standards Officer for an initial 3 month role based in Nottingham.
The role is required to protect the safety and economic well being of citizens and businesses by facilitating business compliance with fair trading and safety legislation through the effective delivery of Trading Standards regulatory, business support and development services that reflect community needs. The successful candidate must be DCATS diploma holder with min of 60 points (level 4)
- A Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards (with a minimum of 60 points), or Diploma in Trading Standards or equivalent. Willingness to undertake training relevant to the position, for example: Metrology.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and awareness of Trading Standards legislation and its application, particularly with regard to fair trading, intellectual property, fraud, safety and other criminal and civil enforcement law
- A sound technical knowledge, skills and competencies relating to the work of the team.
- Demonstrated experience of applying legislation in a wide range of practical situations.
- Experience of carrying out inspections and intervention visits at business and other premises.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to direct investigations resulting in prosecutions or other legal sanctions in accordance with relevant procedural and evidential rules.