Montash have been engaged by a leading client in the UK to source a Transport Project Manager for an initial 6 month contract based in Grantham. This role will involve travel to Harlow, Essex.
The role is working on a Transport Management System Project which relates to route optimisation, route planning, driver handsets and improving operational capability in depots. The Project manager must have had relevant experience in a Transport Management System implementation and come from a Manufacturing, Transportation, Warehouse Management or Supply Chain background.
This programme is a 5 year programme to facilitate new capability and could be extended to 12 months +
The new solution is a Sysco solution from the US which will not be bespoke. The client are looking to adopt their working practices to accommodate. The solution will need to be integrated with SAP. Some SAP Development will be needed to allow the integrations back end, and this could affect upstream and downstream business processes somewhat.
Please note the PM will not be responsible for the SAP development but as PM will oversee creating the requirements for SAP.
Examples of solutions being implemented.
- Roadnet - (Paragon based) optimising route planning
- Syntellic is a cloud based supply chain mgt solution (maximising the load, route planning etc)
- Sysco - Transport system which focuses on the vehicle management aspects, ETA's, tyres etc
* Core IT Project Manager with strong governance, planning, control, reporting
* Background in relevant WMS, TMS related projects and logistics/warehouse type understanding
* Good mix of business transformation and technical understanding (not looking for a techy but someone who can talk to techies competently and tease out issues/detail)
* Third party management track record
- Experience in implementing a Transport management system or similar