Montash have been engaged by a leading client in the UK to source a Transport Project Manager for an initial 6 month contract based in Grantham.
The role is working on a Transport Management System Project which relates to route optimisation, route planning, driver handsets and improving operational capability in depots.
This programme is a 5 year programme to faciliate new capability.
The new solution is a Sysco solution from the US which will not be bespoke. The client are looking to adopt their working practices to accommodate. The solution will need to be integrated with SAP. Some SAP Development will be needed to allow the integrations backend, and this could affect upstream and downstream business processes somewhat.
Please note the PM will not be responsible for the SAP development but as PM will oversee creating the requirements for SAP
Examples of solutions being implemented.
- Roadnet - (Paragon based) optimising route planning
- Syntellic is a cloud based supply chain mgt solution (maximising the load, route planning etc)
- Sysco - Transport system which focuses on the vehicle management aspects, ETA's, tyres etc
* Core IT Project Manager with strong governance, planning, control, reporting
* Background in relevant WMS, TMS related projects and logistics/warehouse type understanding
* Good mix of business transformation and technical understanding (not looking for a techy but someone who can talk to techies competently and tease out issues/detail)
* Third party management track record