Montash have been engaged by a Leading Global Consultancy to source a Technical Lead (UI) to work on site with a Government Body
This role is outside of IR35.
This is an initial 6 month contract, however the consultancy have won a long term piece of work and could go on for 2 years or more.
The programme follows the SAFe methodology for scaled agile, using programme increments (PI's) of six two-weekly sprint cycles, totalling 12 weeks per PI. Each workstream follows the Scrum framework at the individual team level, typically using sprint cycles of two
- Angular 6 +
- web apps - Java and Spring Boot
- Postgres SQL DB
- Azure Cloud Development- Microservices and API's as in RESTFUL
-Message bus - Rabbit MQ/Open Service Broker
-Containers using red hat library based development
The Technical Lead will be expected to have hands-on experience of the technologies above, but also to have experience of leading technical teams and developing and contributing to technical architectures.
All individuals working on the worksteam will also be expected to have experience of behaviour driven development, testing tools such as Junit and Webdriver, and Experience developing under DevOps continuous delivery
Responsibilities specific to the Technical Lead role are as follows:
- High level requirements and change requests are established, technical options have been identified, estimates have been provided and impact assessments have been informed in line with the Digital Service Standard.
- Technical stories defined and non-technical stories refined (working collaboratively with the BA)
- Security level, legal responsibilities, privacy issues and risks associated with the service addressed
- Areas of technical risk identified and de-risked with technical spikes
- Definition of done and ready defined.
- Service integration approach established (with the products), where applicable.
- Hosting and service wrapper requirements defined.
- Code reviewed by peers and other team members.
- Continuous integration pipeline to be used in beta and beyond defined
- Code development for each story follows agreed best practice