Montash have been engaged by a leading FTSE 100 Retailer to source a UX Designer for an initial 3 - 4 month contracrt based in Luton.
Theproject is in kick-off stage at the moment and the client are looking for a UX Designer experienced in working the UCD process from (limited) discovery to final details and is experienced at working at pace on complex products, from "sketchy" requirements. The UX Designer needs be able to work independently (under direction from a UX Lead).
The UX Designer must also be a good communicator with good attention to detail, as well as collaborative. The project is of high visibility running to tight deadlines, so professionalism and experience are important. The designer needs to understand ecommerce websites and have a track record of good responsive design.
Role involves limited involvement in scoping work initially, requirements gathering, sketching and prototyping.
TThis role will sit within the digital experience team and report to a UX lead and have a UX researcher working alongisde them.
Role will involve working in 2 week sprints - working ahead of these and being used to last minute changes.
- Need to pick up and understand package holiday business quickly
- Managing complex stakeholders in a big business
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Used to things changes in flight
- Able to move at pace
Skills in order of priority:
- Proven UX Designer
- Proven track record in large scale Ecommerce environments
- Responsive design
- UCD Design
- Design based on user requirements and make the design work with the customer in mind rather than design based on business requirements
- Able to work at fast pace
- Able to work autonomously
- Good comms skills