Montash have been engaged by a leading Consultancy to source a Windows Engineer ideally with AWS Experience for a 5 month role based in Coventry.
The Windows Engineer is needed to carry out discovery work, baseline document and assist with O/S application upgrades of virtual and physical machines in AWS and CoLo DC's. The role will require to follow the end to end process for O/S / application upgrades from Windows 2008 to Windows 2012 mostly on a VMWARE platform. You will work with the upgrades PM and customer support teams to plan upgrade activity. The role is full-time on customer site in Coventry.
- Inventory of all in scope servers and applications
- Create documentation detailing current application setup
- Liaise with vendors and internal business stakeholders including SME's
- Plan OS / Application upgrade approach with respect to each application variant
- Create Run books detailing tasks with timings for implementation
- Create change requests and attain approval's (attend CAB where necessary)
- Setup server's in Co-Lo as and when required
- Request server setups in AWS
Skills required include business interfacing skills, windows servers 2008, 2012 and 2016, GPO's, AD, Cluster's, Visio, DHCP, VMware, AWS