Infrastructure Architect (Data Centre Migration) - 12 Month Contract - Munich, Germany - €700 - €800 Euros Per Day - IT
Montash have been engaged by a global organisation in the financial sector who are looking for a strong Infrastructure Architect with Migration experience to work on perhaps the largest data centre programmes globally.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of global data centre migrations focused on applications used within business functions. You will need to have an in-depth understanding of migrating applications from one location to another, managing infrastructure and a strong technical knowledge that can pull all pieces together to drive the global migration.
- Financial Services and Pharmaceutical background is preferable.
- Strong previous experience of migrations, preferably transformational data centres focusing on business applications.
- Experience of operating systems upgrades, re-platforming, migrating applications and at the same time focusing on disaster recovery (DR) concepts. For example, experience of working on relocating 2 data centers to one location and disaster recovery exercises.
- Experience of working for global organisations operating on large IT infrastructure projects. Preferably organisations that have to meet government regulatory requirements and documentation required to conduct IT transformations.
- Strong managerial skills and project management skills however this is desirable.
- Broad technical knowledge of infrastructure areas such as Virtualisation, LAN, WAN, VMware, Storage, IBM, Microsoft Exchange.
This client is not looking for someone who has an extensive technical background in storage or VMware, however someone who is a highly experienced Architect with strong managerial skills.
You will have the chance to work onsite in Munich 4 days a week and 1 day from home.
German speaking is beneficial.
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 207 014 0231 for more information.