Agile Delivery Lead
My Client are undertaking a huge internal project to change the face of Financial Services by building a banking platform helping the 5 Million SME's that drive the whole of the UK.
Maximising potential of scaling businesses is at the very heart of everything they do, applying for credit can sometimes be a bit of a minefield so it's about time there was a solution to make this as easy as possible. You will have the opportunity to work on an innovative marketplace platform giving full transparency for both lenders and borrowers alike, not only will borrowers get a better deal, but lenders will get a streamlined process to boot...what Bank can honestly say they offer anything comparable?! They are NOT a bank, they are so much more than that. Do not think of this project as working with an alternative lender, more the chance to build an alternative solution.
The incumbent team is around 40 heads, from a diverse mix of disciplines and backgrounds. If you have got the ambition to grow with a rapidly scalable business and can bring a genuine energy when working in a close-knit team. Then I would be really keen to hear from you!
We need an Agile Delivery Manager to work with two Scrum teams helping to coach and promote self organisation within the engineering function and ultimately be responsible for their ability to deliver
If you answer "yes" to the following questions, then we could be a great match:
- Have you managed multiple scrum teams and played a part in productivity increases of 2x?
- Do you get inspired by changing the way teams work and product is delivered, able to bring teams with you on the journey to becoming truly agile?
- You will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrates the values of being curious, being in-sync and beating expectations.
Our expectations are for you to:
- Lead on agile and lean practices using a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques in order to help the team deliver value and remain focused on the product vision.
- Build long term capability, through nurturing and promoting self organisation leading to an increasing transparency and trust through autonomy, mastery and purpose.
- Be concerned with the health and happiness of the team members, encouraging and motivating the team and protect them from external distractions and politics.
- Leverage some project management activities that fall to the delivery manager such as stakeholder relationships (supporting the product owner), tracking wider metrics, ROI and anything which is necessary to support the team in delivering value.
- Understand the importance of paying back technical debt through re-factoring and appreciate the trade-offs between tech debt and business focused tasks.
- Challenging business requests to ensure you are continuously delivering the best possible outcome.
- Be accountable for all aspects of quality and delivery in the development, testing, deployment and production support of software.
- Significant hands-on experience with Agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum within a fast paced start-up environment.
- You are are a confident communicator, with both technical and non-technical people.
- Effective servant leader with a proactive approach.
- You have excellent time management.
- You 'do' Agile properly.
- You have the gravitas to inspire the teams, and help coach & mentor less experienced members.
- Are an advocate of best-breed practices including test-driven development, code reviews, continuous integration & delivery.
- Have experience of web / mobile app development, ideally from a technical background.
- Confidence to challenge and improve the status quo.
- Aiding the product owner and the wider team with the introduction of Story Mapping and other highly productive planning concepts.
- A competitive salary with performance linked bonus.
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary.
- Generous training, equipment and IT budget.
- The tools you require to get the job done.
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth.
- Participation in an employee equity scheme.
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays.