Montash have been engaged by a leading Defence/Aviation Company to source an analytics designer for their Service Operation Management area.
As part of the Knowledge, Analytics & Insight Team you will be responsible for further developing the end to end design and engineering of the Service Operations Management Reporting & Analytics solution through its life cycle. This role is also responsible for the operational day to day running of a Reporting & Analytics Proof of concept function for the SOM Project, it's early on-boarded Services including Dashboards, notifications and reporting..
You will work with Knowledge, Analytics & Insight Design lead as well as Technical Architects, Business analysts, internal customers to refine requirements (user stories), assist with developing the application HLD, and LLDs, Technical specifications and Training Needs documentation. You will understand a life cycle project approach and liaise with other process leads, SMEs and team members to provide a capable reporting & dashboard solution for the NATS estate.
The candidate will have the following experience, but not limited to:
- Creating High & Low level Infrastructure / Application design documentation
- Situational awareness dashboards
- ITIL Principles (Inc. Service Level Management, Knowledge management, reporting, processes, Continuous Service Improvement, Capacity & Performance Management)
- Understanding of Operational Reporting & Analytics in Service Management (hosting, storage, network, OS, PaaS/IaaS, Application, Services)
- Be articulate in defining & documenting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Service Level Agreements (SLA's / OLA's)
- Data Integration (ETL's, ESB's, API's) and implementing data models
- Infrastructure Configuration & Build
- Principles of knowledge & document management
- Integration with other SOM components.
- Proven experience in an Reporting & Analytics Designer role, including
- Defining and building reporting capability (infrastructure / Application)
- Implementing KPI requirements
- Testing (Unit and Integrated)
- Experience of contributing to Metadata and Master data models
- Experience of Service reporting for complex systems and Business environments
- Experience of reporting status and calculating availability of complex high availability systems
- Able to function autonomously and where necessary, to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams
- Attention to detail & strong communication skills
- Ability to decompose system requirements, model them and document in sufficient detail for low level design (configuration of applications & Infrastructure)
- Contribute to the overall plan and track and report progress of sub plans
- Vendor management experience
- Understanding of Knowledge management
- Experience of Service Desk and Monitoring tools
- Knowledge of IT systems and IT Operations