What You Will Be Doing
Demand Management: As Analytics Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for management of a demand pipeline of planned and unplanned analytics and yield development work ensuring that the analytics teams, core business and IT have the resource in place to deliver on key projects and working closely with business change to ensure that dependencies are clearly understood and managed. You will have a good understanding of the business strategy, translating business demands into deliverable work packages. You will also support Business Leads & Project Sponsors through project idea formulation, investment application and business case preparation for submission to approval governance bodies.
Portfolio Management: You will manage an assigned portfolio of analytics and yield development projects for which you will some you will be directly accountable for the delivery and some you will need to ensure clarity of timelines, deliverable dates so their role in the end to end portfolio is clear. You will be responsible for developing portfolio delivery strategy, managing inter-portfolio dependencies, capturing available synergies and regularly measure the portfolio performance and ensure portfolio value maximisation.
You will be working with leaders of analytics both within the business function and in other functions to make the best use of available resources, managing the portfolio within the constraints of resource availability, funding, capacity and capability. You will identify and manage key dependencies between projects, portfolios and on-going BAU activities and also identify portfolio risks and issues and manage them in a timely fashion. You will lead and contribute to further development of the client's portfolio / project delivery capability.
Project Delivery Assurance: You will provide expert guidance, support and assurance to project teams, aimed at achieving delivery of the agreed business outcomes and projects' delivery on time, on budget and up to customer expectations. You will provide expert guidance and support to analytics consultants to ensure clear terms of references for new work and that approach is complete. You will work with analytics teams to put a set of standards, templates and frameworks in place and then ensure these are used. Monitor the progress of individual projects, working with project teams to understand and track delivery, anticipate risks and ensure effective issue resolution. Ensure that project plans, costs, risks, issues, actions are documented and that risks/issues are acted upon. You will implement processes to continuously improve analytics and yield delivery. Learn from previous project experiences , identify and apply transferable lessons and best practice
Stakeholder Management & Communication: You will Engage with stakeholders in the most effective and efficient fashion and build relationships with key managers and leaders in teams across the business, identifying stakeholder needs and requirements and manage their delivery/service expectations. You will be responsible for providing regular reporting updates, at yield and analytics steering forums.
What We Are Looking For
- Proven track record of managing and delivering complex projects
- Experience of establishing strong relationships within technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to build successful multi-disciplinary project teams without direct line management responsibility
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically, analyse complex Business requirements and IT delivery options and be able to translate them into actionable deliverables (be it projects or BAU resolutions) and drive them to completion
- Ability to think commercially and strategically - quickly assess and quantify short and long term impact of changes, deal with ambiguity and uncertainty and be able to evaluate options to meet business expectations and provide maximum value
- Excellent communicator. Comfortable communicating high level concepts to senior stakeholders whilst also being able to delve into the detail of complex changes when required.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Information Technology and Analytics