Montash have been engaged by a Leading Investment Bank to source an Application Analysts/Support specialist for 6 month contract with a chance of extension.
The Support Specialist will analyze, and resolve issues where there is currently no run books based solution. Specialist will troubleshoot issues and provide tactical solutions. The Specialist will investigate Production and Client support issues escalated to them by the level 1 support team. This includes but is not limited to, investigation into code (without any fixes). The Specialist will be the subject matter experts and will interface with the AppDev team on issues requiring additional analysis/code fixes. The Specialist will also drive Incident Management.
- Computer Science concept of Data Structures in practical use cases
- One of the following Structured or Object Oriented programming languages: Java, C, C++, VB, .NET, ASP or Angular etc.
- One of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues
- Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies.
- Produces logical system designs showing for example: processes, objects, data flows, inputs, stored data and outputs.
- Identifies common processes.
- Working with data analysis colleagues where appropriate, produces or updates system object/data models and correlates these with corporate models.
- Working with database design or database administration colleagues where appropriate, translates object and data models into appropriate DB schemas within design constraints.
- Constructs, interprets and executes test plans to verify correct operation of completed systems.
Updates or provides input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions.
- Assists in the assessment and selection of suitable software packages to meet all or parts of specified requirements.