Role: Application Development Delivery lead
Salary: £45-50K + bens
This role will suit someone who is willing to move up from a team lead role and learn or a manager who wants to progress further.
The Application Development Delivery Lead is responsible for leading an application Development Team consisting off Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts primarily based offshore. The Delivery Manager will work with the onshore Teams, specifically the Applications Development Technical Lead, to ensure quality development standards and processes are defined and being followed, and that work is completed aligned to the company's strategic objectives.
They will be a key role in helping to define and drive technical solutions to meet key Business needs and requirements. Working closely with Programme Managers, Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the delivery of the Business's technical requirements are completed in a timely fashion and are of good quality.
They are also responsible for the resource management and project management of the Development Teams offshore, which not only involves liaising with and coordinating activities between the onshore and offshore Teams, but also helping to eliminate any constraints and resolve any problems either Teams face.
Key Metrics: (Headcount, budgetary responsibility, indirect budgetary influence, etc)
Supporting the Technical Delivery Manager in Line management and Supplier management for the Application development function, including recruitment, appraisals and capacity management.
Management of temporary development and support where necessary, including offshore.
Track costs and forecast as well as look for opportunities to maintain a cost effective function by evaluating internal processes.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
The Technical Delivery Lead will ensure the delivery of exceptional, responsive and professional development service for the company both internally and for our clients.
The TDL will ensure standardisation of technology platforms and utilise internal architecture and security resources to improve efficiency, reuse and agility in development.
Will manage and prioritise the pipeline of work into the teams.
Work closely with the Technical Delivery Manager and escalate any forecast issues around budget or resource.
Contribute to departmental strategy.
Assist in the management relationships and agreements with 3rd party suppliers.
Capabilities, knowledge and experience requirements:
Experience of the following:
- Client Focused
- Agile Methodologies
- Offshore Team Management
- Resource Management
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Modeling
- Solutions Driven
- Technically Minded
- Problem Solving
- SQL Server
- Relational Database Models
- Case Management Systems
- Eclipse Proclaim
Key behaviours from role expectations
- Enthusiastic and self aware, adapting style to suit the situation, acting as a positive role model for the team.
- Confidently makes informed decisions, keeps relevant people updated and takes the lead in tough decisions, sometimes under pressure.
- Influences effectively across a range of stakeholders, taking a flexible approach in response to business reality and reactions.
- Remains calm and resilient, even under pressure.
- Approachable and open, promoting a strong sense of team and a co-operative working environment.
- Receptive to feedback, change, new initiatives and continually identifies ways to enhance the service and to develop own skills.
- Demonstrates an awareness of risk issues in the context of their day-to-day activities.
- Resource Management
- Project Management
- Client Management
- Development Standard & Protocols - Definition and Monitoring/Control
- Quality Standards - Definition and Monitoring/Control
- Helping to Embed Agile Methodologies and Training and Mentoring Others in Agile Development
- Technical Team Management
- Help to Drive improvements in Requirements Capturing/Documentation
- Help to Define Key Technologies and Improve the Application Estate
- Help to Define and Drive Forward the Mobile Strategic Roadmap
- Help to Define and Drive IT's Strategic Objectives
If you possess the above and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal apply NOW!!!