Application Support Specialist - Hedge Fund up to £650 Per Day
Overall purpose of the roll
Montash is working with one on Europe's leading hedge funds who require Application Support Analyst to help cover the US hours based in their Mayfair office.
You must be willing to work 2pm - 10pm every weekday. Dinner will be provided by the in house chef every night.
A successful candidate will, as part of a global application support team, be cover support for an extensive suite of applications as well as develop, modify and/or maintain applications.
Responsibilities include taking care of all first line issues and doing analysis and documentation of more severe issues before escalating
- Resolution of L1/L2 issues.
- Detailed analysis of issues that need escalation to L3.
- Day to day management of a complex application suite, improving stability and performance over time.
- Release management working closely with the Dev team.
- Take ownership of existing applications. Improve processes, tools and procedures as needed.
- Develop existing applications further and creating new applications to meet business requirements as they arise.
- Be part of weekend maintenance schedules.
Degree educated in a relevant subject
Essential Experience and Skills
- Are able to empathise with distressed users in a fast paced, high performance environment. Ability to quickly discover users' personality traits and manage them accordingly.
- Experience dealing with the Front Office, ideally in a Hedge Fund or other buy-side institutions.
- Good programming skills in Python and Excel VBA.
- Good knowledge of SQL and databases.
- Working knowledge of C#
- Some understanding of Finance, ideally in the Fixed Income, FX and Equity areas.
- Working knowledge of Sungard Front Arena would be a plus.