Architect - Governance, Standards and Estate Management - London - Up to £100K
The Governance, Standards and Estate Management role is accountable for managing the long-term health of the IT estate for our client who are a FTSE 100 Global Insurance company.
This role is not to pull the IT strategy together although they have an instrumental role in executing the IT strategy against plan.
The role is accountable for governing architecture and driving adoption of standards. It includes monitoring compliance to policies and standards, reporting on the progress towards target and handling exceptions through to the Group Architecture Board.
- Excellent understanding of IT strategy, architecture models, business model and plans.
- Experience of both line and matrix leadership.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong relationship management skills at all levels.
- Own the overall architecture governance framework and ensure market adoption.
- Own the architecture MI framework to measure progress towards target architecture.
- Manage the IT standards lifecycle and ensure any changes are well consulted and communicated.
- Secure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture.
- Administer the Build Permit approvals process and granting and tracking of exceptions.
- Own the overall architecture exceptions process by preparing and running Group Architecture Board.
- Ensure that architecture data is captured and maintained for each market to set direction and direct investment using evidenced objectives.