- Responsible for ensuring quality of the solution including product build out, configuration, testing, training and operational handover. The role also involves working with other programs (non SOM) to accommodate their requirements and configure the tool set accordingly working with an on-boarding team.
- Included in the Automation Design Lead role are the following capabilities
- Automating Infrastructure Provisioning;
- Automating Application Provisioning;
- Automating SOM Tooling deployment & Integration;
- Automating Operational Tasks;
- Automating response to Incidents/Problems;
- Providing overall SOM compute capacity demand to Foundation Service for storage, network, CPU and shared service(IaaS).
- Extensive and proven experience in Service Management Automation;
- Extensive and proven experience in Cloud Technologies;
- Experience with VMware;
- Working Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating;
- Working Knowledge of networks, network devices and configurations;
- Proven experience in using automation tools ;
- Recent hands on Design experience in Infrastructure Design (hosting, storage, network, PaaS/IaaS);
- Ability to learn new tools/techniques quickly and apply this to the SOM environment;
- Strong leadership and self-motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to decompose High Level requirements, Model them and document in sufficient detail for low level design;
- Experience leading and directing small teams;
- Detailed knowledge of Event Management and automated responses;
- Detailed knowledge of Request and Fulfilment and how to automate fulfilment;
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams.