Automation Engineer required. One of Montash's clients who are a leader in the defence/aviation industry require an Automation Engineer on a 12 month contract in Hampshire. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Design Lead in producing the end to end design and engineering of the SOM Automation.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for creating repeatable, automated functions and tasks for internal SOM activities as well as external Service Groups (applications & infrastructure) - this includes working closely with the SOM Environment team to automate Infrastructure, OS and Application provision. The Automation Engineer will also automate repetitive operational tasks, incident resolution and problem resolution to minimise operational costs and improve consistency and quality.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for extending product evaluation criteria with Automation specific criteria, work with selected vendors in evaluating a select set of candidate products, documenting evaluation results and developing recommendations. The Automation Engineer will work with Architects/BAs/Technical BAs to refine requirements (user stories), liaise with other Design Leads to produce an integrated design for SOM overall.
The Automation Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of the solution including product build out, configuration, testing, training and operational handover. The role also involves working with other programs (non SOM) to accommodate their requirements and configure the tool set accordingly working with an on-boarding team.
The following capabilities will fall under the Automation Engineer: Automating Infrastructure Provisioning, Automating Application Provisioning, Automating SOM Tooling deployment & Integration, Automating Operational Tasks, automating response to incidents/problems, providing overall SOM compute capacity demand to foundation service for storage, network, CPU and shared service(IaaS), defining and agreeing API interfaces and defining best practices for workflow automation. You will also have the ability to write Low Level Design documentation.
The Automation Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Five or more years experience in a DevOps engineering function
- Proven experience of Low Level Design
- Proven experience in developing and delivering Puppet solutions
- Proven experience wrapping COTS applications using Puppet or Puppet Enterprise
- Experience using code repositors such as GIT
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Recent hands on engineering experience in Service Management and Infrastructure Design (hosting, storage, network, PaaS/IaaS)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of provisioning tools in a cloud environment (VMware/UCS)
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows
If you feel you are a good fit for this role please apply ASAP.