An Automation Engineer is required. An Automation Engineer is required on a 12 month contract by one of Montash's clients who are a leading aviation company based in Hampshire.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for creating repeatable, automated functions and tasks for internal SOM activities as well as external Service Groups (applications & infrastructure). The Automation Engineer will be responsible for extending product evaluation criteria with Automation specific criteria, work with selected vendors in evaluating a select set of candidate products, documenting evaluation results and developing recommendations.
The Automation Engineer be responsible for ensuring quality of the solution including product build out, configuration, testing, training and operational handover. The Automation Engineer will also be involved in working with other programs to accommodate their requirements and configure the tool set.
The Automation Engineer will perform the following tasks:
- Automating Infrastructure Provisioning
- Automating Application Provisioning
- Automating SOM Tooling deployment & Integration
- Automating Operational Tasks
- Automating response to Incidents/Problems
- Providing overall SOM compute capacity demand to Foundation Service for storage, network, CPU and shared service (IaaS)
- Defining and agreeing API interfaces
- Defining best practices for workflow automation
- Ability to write Low Level Design documentation
The Automation Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Five or more years experience in a DevOps engineering function
- Proven experience of Low Level Designs
- Proven experience in developing and delivering Puppet solutions
- Proven experience wrapping COTS applications using Puppet or Puppet Enterprise
- Experience using code repositors such as GIT
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Recent hands on engineering experience in Service Management and Infrastructure Design (hosting, storage, network, PaaS/IaaS)
- Experience of provisioning tools in a cloud environment (VMware/UCS)
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows
- SC Cleared
If you are a good fit for this role then please apply ASAP as it is an urgent requirement.