Montash have been engaged by a Global Defence Client to Source an Automation Lead to act as an Orchestration On Boarding "SME". You will be part of the Service Operations Management Orchestration and Automation Team that are responsible for the on boarding of service groups onto the Orchestration an Automation tooling platform.
You will work closely with Service Groups and their suppliers to understand their reuqirements for the use or Automation and Orchestration and you will also support the Service Groups and their Suppliers through the definition and deployment phases and ensure that Orchestration workflows, Runbooks, and other Automation tasks and artefacts that will be on-boarded conform to best practices and recommended patterns of use. You will help develop templates and forms to assist in standardising the way Service Groups and their services are on-boarded.
- On-boarding Definition:
- Support Service Group specification of the workflows, jobs, runbooks, etc. to support the Service Group¿s Service(s). Expected to consist of a number of workshops to identify and clarify engagement scope and provide guidance for Service Groups.
- Collect test cases for Service Group testing.
- On-boarding Specification:
- Build the On-boarding work package (data sheets, use cases, flow and sequence diagrams, test cases) to be configured within the SOM Tooling;
- Provision of target completion dates for Service Group Test planning;
- Gaining Service Group agreement to the On-boarding work package;
- On-boarding Deployment.
- Building or loading of the Service Group's workflows and automation into the SOM Tooling, provision of monitoring facilities and test;
- Integration Unit test Assurance point against Service Groups On-boarding specification;
- On-boarding Training, Testing and Acceptance.
- Provide Service Group representatives with training on the use of the tools (Train the Trainer)
- Three or more years experience in automation
- Hands-on experience with Service Now Orchestration or similar product
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Proven experience in using automation tools to achieve complex request fulfilment or provisioning workflows
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly and apply this knowledge to the problem at hand
- Knowledge of agreeing/standardising API integration patterns
- Ability to decompose high Level requirements, model them and document in sufficient detail for low level design
- Ability to integrate infrastructure, application and service provisioning with ITIL Request Management.
- Working knowledge of standard API patterns such as REST and SOAP
- Skills Nice to have
- Hands-on scripting experience (Bash, Python, Ruby etc. and/or PowerShell)
- Knowledge of Jenkins