Role: Automation Tester
Salary: £45-55K + bens
Our client is seeking an Automation Tester to work within a new development team structure. The applicant will need to be bright, imaginative, and capable technologist specifically seeking an environment where their potential will be maximized through the challenging projects that the company requires to be developed. This role involves consolidating our current automation capability into a unified cross-platform automation suite. Centralising, maintaining and running the automation scripts are key activities that will enable the rest of the team (backend and UI testers) to test releases efficiently and with the highest degree of confidence.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is pivotal to the successful delivery of the companies software solutions. To be considered for this unique opportunity, you will have a strong background in software testing automation and a good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Review the current automation tools and methods and contribute to the formulation of a consolidation plan.
- Create, maintain and run various automation scripts
- Continually research and experiment with different agile testing methods and tools to improve our process and the quality of our services
- At least 2 years' commercial experience in the software testing domain with strong understanding of the tools, techniques and process involved
- Proficient Java and Selenium
- Confident with working with APIs (i.e. postman)
- Proficient with performance testing (Jmeter and/or Gatling)
- Comfortable with Linux
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- High level technical knowledge to include relational databases, client/server architecture and relevant programming environments
- Independent, able to work efficiently with minimum supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to communicate fluently in English
Nice to have:
- Experience testing web-based applications would be advantageous
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD
- Comfortable with CI tools (I.e. Jenkins, teamcity, GoCD…)
- Understanding of page object model
- Data Driven automated testing
- Knowledge SQL
- Knowledge of Jira
- Knowledge of Test Rail
- Knowledge of web product recommendation systems
- ISTQB or ISEB qualification would be of benefit (or equivalent experience)
If you possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written apply NOW!!!