Montash have been engaged by a FTSE 100 Travel / Tourism Retailer to source an Aviation Security Policy Manager on an initial 2 month period while they are going through a period of transformation and change.
Role involves looking aviation security, policy and changes stipulated by government (US and UK) to ensure security is maintained in line with government directives. Role will involve deciphering what has been said and looking at how this will impact policy within a commercial airline. Role will report into the Director of Safety, Compliance and Air Operators Certificate and will work alongside Compliance Manager, Safety Manager and other relevant personnel.
- Clearing emails and queries from Department of Transport, UK CAA and TSA (in USA)
- Understanding air carrier security programme - keep abreast of changes which are sent out regularly and interpret
- Audit findings response - work with UK CAA
- Support managers in day to day activities around security ie support the safety manager, SEP manager and the Safety Equipment and Procedures Manager
- Review disruptive passenger policy ie should they be banned from return flight, use alternative carrier - policies around this in line with GDPR and other policies
- Work with ground operations and requests around security - advise and interpret
- Face off to the board where required
- Candidates will have skills listed and understanding of associated regulations and directives such as EC300, SCD etc.
- Client will cover off any SC or clearance requirement in house or worker will initially work under guest clearance