Data Scientist - Contract - London - 6 Months - £450 - £500 Per Day - ASAP - IT
Montash have been engaged by a large publishing company based in London to secure a highly experienced Data Scientist on an initial contract basis.
You will be responsible for developing algorithms and models in order to test ideas leading to an improvement in the business operations and products.
The ideal candidate will need to be hands on and experienced in using Spark, SQL, Big Data and ideally Python.
- Extensive experience in Big Data processing frameworks including Hadoop (CDH/HDP), MapReduce, YARN, Hive and Spark.
- Proven experience in developing Big Data processing pipelines including ETL and scaling-up large scale Machine Learning algorithms.
- Strong experience of development languages such as Java EE/SE, Scala (Understanding of Python is preferable).
- Experience of troubleshooting ETL jobs running on Hadoop.
- Understanding of lower level APIs in Spark.
- Any experience in Cloud technologies such as Azure and Google Cloud etc.
You will be required to lead from the front and you will develop a data-driven culture within the organisation as well as inspiring stakeholders with algorithmic solutions.
If this could be of interest, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 0207 014 0231 for more information.
KEYWORDS: DATA SCIENTIST / BIG DATA / ALGORITHMS / ETL / HADOOP / YARN / MAPREDUCE / PYTHON / SPARK / SQL / HIVE / UK /