Montash have been engaged by a Leading Travel retailer to source an AWS Cloud Engineer for an initial 6 month role in Luton, with a potential 6 month extension.
The cloud engineer will work on their cloud platform, shared services for AWS. The migration of their websites to AWS has been delivered, and this role will be working on the backlog of around 100 activities to be completed which will include ;
- Maturing the ability to create accounts
- Managing Costs
- Automating activities for access control elements
The solution is using terraform as the security access and control model, and it is imperative that the AWS Cloud Engineer has Terraform Skills.
The client are quite early into their cloud journey and there are only a handful of people who truly understand the solution. As there could be up to 100 projects in the cloud environment it is imperative that the cloud engineer truly understands the solution. Part of the role of the AWS Cloud Engineer is to help cement this knowledge , ie if coding needs to be changed it needs to be truly understood first.
* Design, build and support the infrastructure to support applications and supporting systems
* Help to define standards and best practices around AWS technologies and how they should be adopted by internal and external IT teams
* Provide support around Identity and Access management lifecycles across AWS accounts
* Support CI/CD tooling for technical teams to be able to build and deploy using pipelines
* Look to develop strategies and improvements around cost optimisation and usage reporting
* As part of your service introduction and transition responsibilities you will be expected to coordinate the build and deploy of new application environments in conjunction with Project Delivery, Enterprise Architects, Application Support teams and 3rd party suppliers.
* Collaborate with Development Teams where code changes are required to resolve defects and ensure services are released into production in a controlled manner.
* Responsible for adhering to Change and Configuration management processes, ensuring all changes are reviewed for quality, rigorous testing and contingency/back-out planning, and that any supporting documentation is fully updated and to the agreed quality standard prior to implementation.
- Experience of networks, security, load balancers and DNS
- Great knowledge and experience working with AWS and either an Architect Associate or SysOps Associate certification
- Understand HA, Autoscaling and Self Healing methods for enterprise web platforms
- Experience using and build pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience using Hashicorp suite including Terraform, Packer, Vagrant and Vault
- Experience of monitoring tools such as Dynatrace or Datadog
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of Agile development workflows
aws/ cloud engineer / aws engineer / amazon web services / terraform / devops / cloud / amazon / webservices / aws cloud engineer