I am currently working with a boutique consultancy and an AWS Consulting Partner that has recently won a couple of significant projects. To support their growth they are looking for a career driven AWS Architect to join their team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The AWS Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for the engineering of business and technical solutions in support Cloud Practice Group leveraging AWS. The AWS Cloud Solution Architect supports solution development with subject matter experts and engineers to build the Cloud Solution Offerings and participates as a Solution Lead for Cloud Proposals and Opportunities. The AWS Cloud Solution Architect will provide subject matter experience and expertise with the ability to clearly present concepts and services to both internal and external clients in a formal demonstration environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Hands on experience with AWS and strong understanding of AWS capabilities and limitations
* Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
* Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
* Thorough understanding of and/or ability to solution service offerings across all four tiers:
o Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL)
o Application Development and Maintenance (including a basic understanding of various programming languages, SOA, and development centers)
o System Integration and Management (including multiple SDLC methodologies, CMMI, and IEEE);
* Minimum of 3 years of experience across the business development life-cycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
Professional outgoing personality with the ability to clearly demonstrate our managed service products to both internal and external candidates in a demo environment.
* Bachelor's degree is required, MBA is preferred.
The following AWS Certifications are highly desired; significant hands on experience may be substituted:
o Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
o Certified Developer - Associate
o Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
o Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
* ITIL, CISSP or other relevant certifications are desirable