Salary: £80-£100K + 10-15% bonus + bens
Role: AWS Solutions Architect
Skills: AWS, Amazon Web Services, Linux, Active Directory, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Agile.
Our client are looking to leverage the benefits of public cloud (initially AWS) and they are looking for you to join them on this exciting journey. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority.
As a Solution Architect, you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with their engineering teams to; specify, design and build their platform to deliver new and enhanced services to their customers. Leveraging your skill along with depth of knowledge of AWS services, you will provide technical leadership to cross functional teams. The core components of your new role will be:
- Remaining up to date on core AWS technology / service developments assessing their relevance for technical challenge resolution for; existing, new and migrating services
- Become a member of the architecture board. Accountable for setting technical and security standards across our platform
- Participate in requirements gathering and defining solution architecture for new and existing services - analyzing both technical and business requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Developing technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall application requirements specifically related to; availability, performance and compliance with defined security and process controls
- Identification and selection of appropriate technologies, to accomplish new or migrating services strategic goals
- Serve as a SME escalation point for Lead Solutions Engineers and management
- SME technical leadership during incident handling and troubleshooting
- Drive performance analysis / tuning and contribute to service capacity planning / demand forecasting
- Documentation of current and future environments, driving the evolution of current documentation standards to simply and reduce maintenance overhead
- Travel will be required
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong exposure to AWS service portfolio
- AWS Certified - Solutions Architect Professional
- Demonstrable experience in design, implementation of public cloud solutions.
- Proven exposure to large scale public cloud migration initiatives. Evidence of time is a technical lead is desirable
- Demonstrable exposure to automation and orchestration technologies in conjunction with public cloud hosted applications. Ansible experience is desirable
- Demonstrable working knowledge of networking both software defined and traditional implementations
- 5 - 10 years' experience administering Linux systems. Strong working knowledge their underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning
- Experience with Windows administration, automation and Active Directory
- Specialist in multiple AWS services
- Experience of designing and managing large scale environments - customer-facing, high-availability, large scale environments
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Perl, Python, PowerShell.
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, management, developers and peers
If you have the above apply NOW!!!